You may obtain copies of these publications through the reprint request system. PDFs will be automatically sent to your email.
- Dworkin, E. R., Sessarego, S., Pittenger, S. L., Edwards, K., & Banyard, V. (in press). Rape myth acceptance in sexually-assaulted adolescents’ school contexts: Associations with depressed mood and alcohol use. American Journal of Community Psychology.
- Dworkin, E. R., Ullman, S., Stappenbeck, C., Brill, C. D., & Kaysen, D. (in press). Proximal relationships between social support and PTSD symptom severity: A daily diary study of sexual assault survivors. Depression & Anxiety.
- Dworkin, E. R., Zambrano-Vazquez, L., Cunningham, S., Pittenger, S. L., Schumacher, J. A., Stasiewicz, P. R., & Coffey, S. F. (in press). Treating PTSD in pregnant and postpartum rural women with substance use disorders. Journal of Rural Mental Health.
- Zambrano-Vazquez, L., Levy, H., Belleau, E., Dworkin, E. R., Sharp, K., Pittenger, S. L., Schumacher, J. A., & Coffey, S. F. (in press). Moving towards a transdiagnostic approach: Using the RDoC framework to track domains of change in treatment of comorbid PTSD. Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy.
- Dworkin, E. R., & Allen, N. E. (2017). For the good of the group? Balancing individual and collective risks and benefits in community psychology research. American Journal of Community Psychology.
- Dworkin, E. R., Menon, S., Bystrynski, J., & Allen, N. E. (2017). Sexual assault victimization and psychopathology: A review and meta-analysis. Clinical Psychology Review, 56, 65-81.
- Dworkin, E. R., Kaysen, D., Bedard-Gilligan, M., Rhew, I., & Lee, C. (2017). Daily-level associations between PTSD and cannabis use among young sexual minority women. Addictive Behaviors, 74, 118-121.
- Dworkin, E. R., Mota, N. P., Schumacher, J. A., Vinci, C., & Coffey, S. F. (2017). The unique associations of sexual and intimate partner violence with PTSD symptom severity in a traumatized substance-abusing sample. Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy.
- Dworkin, E. R., Newton, E., & Allen, N. E. (2016). Seeing roses in the thorn bush: The complexity of sexual assault survivors’ perceptions of social reactions. Psychology of Violence.
- Dworkin, E. R., & Schumacher, J. A. (2016). Preventing posttraumatic stress related to sexual assault through early intervention: A systematic review. Trauma, Violence, and Abuse.
- Dworkin, E. R. & Allen, N. E. (2016). Correlates of disclosure cessation after sexual assault. Violence Against Women.
- Dworkin, E. R., Pittenger, S. L., & Allen, N. E. (2016). Disclosing sexual assault within social networks: A mixed-method investigation. American Journal of Community Psychology, 57, 216-228.
- Dworkin, E. R., Javdani, S., & Allen, N. E. (2016). If you build it, will they come? Explaining participation in family violence councils. Journal of Community Psychology, 44(4), 442-463.
- Dworkin, E. R., Sorell, N., & Allen, N. E (2016). Individual- and setting-level correlates of secondary traumatic stress in rape crisis center staff. Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 31(4), 743-752. doi: 10.1177/0886260514556111
- Dworkin, E., Javdani, S., Verona, E., & Campbell, R. (2014). Child sexual abuse and disordered eating: The mediating roles of impulsive and compulsive tendencies. Psychology of Violence, 4(1), 21-36.
- Campbell, R., Bybee, D., Kelley, K., Dworkin, E., & Patterson, D. (2012). The impact of Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) program services on law enforcement investigational practices: A mediational analysis. Criminal Justice and Behavior, 39(2), 169-184.
- Campbell, R., Patterson, D., Dworkin, E.R., & Diegel, R. (2010). Anogenital injuries in childhood sexual abuse victims treated in a pediatric Forensic Nurse Examiner (FNE) program. Journal of Forensic Nursing, 6(4), 188-195.
- Campbell, R., Dworkin, E., & Cabral, G. (2009). An ecological model of the impact of sexual assault on women’s mental health. Trauma, Violence, and Abuse, 10, 225-246.
- Campbell, R., Patterson, D., Bybee, D., & Dworkin, E.R. (2009). Predicting sexual assault prosecution outcomes: The role of medical forensic evidence collected by Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners. Criminal Justice and Behavior, 36, 712-737.
- Kaysen, D., Lehavot, K., & Dworkin, E. R. (in press). Trauma-related disorders among sexual minority women: Evidence-based practice. In S. A. Safren & J. Pachankis (Eds.), Handbook of evidence-based mental health practice with LGBT clients. New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
- Allen, N. E., Walden, A., Dworkin, E. R., & Javdani, S. (2016). Mixed methodology as a key asset in multilevel, multisetting inquiry. Accepted for publication in L. Jason & D. Glenwick (Eds.), Handbook of methodological approaches to community-based research: Qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods. New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
Lein, A., Rowley, R., Long, S., Dworkin, E. R., Thai, N. D., Belyaev-Glantsman, O., Barlow, J., & Grohe, H. (2014). Social justice in the classroom: Teaching controversial topics. The Community Psychologist, 47(1), 32-33. [PDF]
Dworkin, E. (2013). The voices of survivors of sexual assault. The Community Psychologist, 45(1), 32-33. [PDF]
Child Sexual Abuse Prevention Information Packet (with Hallie Martyniuk for the National Sexual Violence Resource Center):
Risk factors for child sexual abuse: Annotated bibliography
Child sexual abuse: Research brief
Child sexual abuse prevention: Bulletin
Child sexual abuse prevention: Programs for adults
Child sexual abuse prevention: Programs for children
Sexual violence in disasters (fact sheet) (developed for the National Sexual Violence Resource Center from Sexual violence in disasters: A planning guide for prevention and response by Alisa Klein)
The use of truth-telling devices in sexual assault investigations (with Kristen Houser for the National Sexual Violence Resource Center)